What is Telehealth?
Telebehavioral health (Telehealth) includes the practice of diagnosis, treatment, education, goal setting, accountability, referral to resources, problem solving, skills training, and help with decision making through the use of internet-based videoconferencing or phone calls.
How do I connect with my Mantra Mental Health Therapist over Telehealth?
Instructions for Telehealth video sessions:
Link for video session: https://doxy.me/sambergstein
Make sure all other video apps or websites are closed on your device
Connect to Wi-Fi or an ethernet cable if possible
Close any streaming services and unneeded tabs
Click on the above link
Type your first name into the “Welcome” box
Wait for Sam to join the session
What else do I need to know about Telehealth?
1. The benefits of telebehavioral health include greater flexibility by geographical location, reduction of travel to a physical office and participation from your own home environment.
2. The risks of telebehavioral health include the potential breakdown in the technology including poor connection, loss of sound or loss of connection. A second factor that may impact the communication is that nonverbal cues are less readily available to both the clinician and the client.
3. All existing laws regarding privacy, confidentiality, access to mental health information, and client rights and grievance procedures apply the same as face-to-face sessions.
4. Nobody will record the session without the permission from the other person(s).
5. It is important to be in a quiet, private space that is free of distractions (including computers, additional phones or other devices) during the session.
6. Only agreed upon participants will be present in the room of the clinician and the client during the telebehavioral health session.
7. The clinician will verify the physical address of the client's location at the start of each session. This is to ensure we are "meeting" at a place that will protect your confidentiality (e.g.,no coffee shops or public places). Sessions will not occur while any of the participants are driving.
8. It is important to be on time. If you need to cancel or change your tele-appointment, you must notify the clinician in advance by phone.
9. We need a back-up plan (e.g., phone number where you can be reached) to restart the session or to reschedule it, in the event of technical problems.
10. We need a safety plan that includes at least one emergency contact and the closest ER to your location, in the event of a crisis situation.
11. If you are not an adult, we need the permission of your parent or legal guardian (and their contact information) for you to participate in telebehavioral health sessions.
12. Your clinician may determine that due to certain circumstances, telebehavioral health is no longer appropriate and that we should consider alternative resources for your treatment.